Wednesday, December 22, 2010

project: tiffany's solstice socks

I missed a post yesterday. Damn. I'm blaming me being up too early to watch the lunar eclipse and then spending as much of the day outdoors for the Winter Solstice. It was a beautiful day and ended it by watching the sunset on Siesta Key Beach.

Happy Winter Solstice!

In honor of solstice, I am going to share with you the solstice socks I knitted for my friend Tiffany. There really isn't anything new about these socks, considering it is a pattern I think I have used about 4 other times so far this year. It's just that they were made with love and warmth for my good friend Tiffany.

The pattern is Alison's Ankle Socks, and the yarn is Lorna's Laces Sh
epherd Sock Multi in Ashburn (purchased, of course, at Loopy Yarns). I finished these socks up sometime in November, and I really like the way the colors striped (unintentionally) around the foot.




(close up of stripe pattern)

The good news is, they fit Tiffany and she loves them! I hope they keep her cozy during these chilly and rainy winter months in Seattle...

There is something incredibly therapeutic to me about knitting socks. I can't really explain it, but I have two other sock projects (full socks, too) that I am just itching to start. And the one set is going to be using yarn that my friend Lee got for me from Finland! So excited.


1 comment: