Sunday, December 26, 2010

project: 3rd St Hat

Well, if all goes well, in about 7 hours, I will be back in Chicago.

Not gonna lie, the only thing I'm really looking forward to in Chicago is Karma. And giving her the puppy sweater I knit for her (that's tomorrow's post; gotta nab some pictures first).

Honestly, it's been an awesome week off. I didn't get all of the projects done that I brought with me, and I still have about 100 pages left in my book, but all the down time and cheese and crackers were a pleasure I know won't be as available to me back home.

About a week before I left for Florida, I finished up my friend Mikey's gift. Yep, it was another hat. Yep, it was knit out of a Malabrigo Merino Worsted yarn (colorway Forest), yep, it was purchased from Loopy Yarns and yep, the pattern was the Dean Street Hat.




I just got a text yesterday from Mikey saying that he loves it and I'm awesome. I named it the "3rd St Hat" because he is currently living in Louisville, and my favorite place to eat in Louisville is the 3rd Ave Cafe. Road trip soon!

I think I'm gonna take a break from hats for the next few projects...maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Where is Karma's Sweater?!
    I want to come go to Louisville :)

    ReplyDelete