Sunday, December 19, 2010

project: mark's birthday hat

Here it is: a project finished back at the beginning of November. My friend Mark celebrated a birthday in November, and considering the seasonal change in Seattle at that time of the year, I decided that he needed a new hat.



So I pulled out the good old Dean Street Hat by Nina Dayton pattern, purchased some lovely Malabrigo Worsted yarn (colorway was Autumn Forest) from Loopy Yarns and got to work. I absolutely love this pattern and for a brief moment thought I might be overusing it as a men's hat pattern, but dammit it keeps me happy while knitting and looks so good when complete!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARK!


With hat finished and vegan banana bread baked, I shipped the package to complete it's duty of making a birthday man happy. Thankfully, it worked (and fit). The colorway looked amazing on him as well, as he wears a lot of warm, neutral colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment