Thursday, April 8, 2010

project: entrelac scarf

Okay, having knit about 7 dishcloths in one weekend, I was ready to move onto my next project. I was digging around in my yarn stash, and found some Noro Silk Garden yarn that I had purchased back in 2007. At least, I think it was 2007...there was a yarn store called Stitch by Stitch in Highland, IN that my sister Karie and I discovered together. Needless to say, after my first visit and $100 later, I had some beautiful Noro Silk Garden yarn.

And what to make of it? At the time of purchase, I had been wanting to take on the project of an entrelac scarf. It's on the list of every knitter's things to make, and I felt like I was ready. I even went online and found a pattern that seemed to work for me by Allison LoCicero.

Apparently, I wasn't ready for this until three days ago. After ripping out the first section three times, I FINALLY have the hang of this!

The colors in these pictures look a little dull; I haven't seem to hit the bright colors yet on the scarf. They are, however, in the skein and I keep wanting to knit until I get to them!

I am noticing a trend I have where I start projects that are not in season at all. Not only are these scarf colors way fall, but we are totally in the month of April. Sigh. Oh well, at least I will look totally rad in the fall with my brand new scarf!

I am only on the first of four skeins, so I have a ways to go. I am totally enjoying this pattern; it might be because each little square or triangle is instant gratification! My goal is to have this done by the end of the month, which I think is a totally reasonable goal considering I finished a sweater in one month! BAM!

playlist: entrelac scarf

"clap your hands!" - clap your hands say yeah
"back to the sea" - the sandwitches
"between the lines" - sambassadeur
"kissing the lipless" - the shins
"let me go home" - camera obscura
"hey boy" - the blow
"cut down" - matt & kim
"harmony to my heartbeat" - sally seltmann
"bad education" - tilly and the wall
"the kelly affair" - be your own pet


I've been working on this playlist for a while now, and if you didn't notice, all of the songs are clapping themed! Perfect for Spring and to keep things upbeat and going!

Ps. has everyone checked out the Lollapalooza line up yet!??! So excited!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ms.Knittin- U r a machine! So glad to see you re-discover your passion and continue to expand your skills and talents. This scarf looks amazing so far. The yarn colors are totally u!! Maybe Chicago might have a freak blizzard in May, but you'll be stylin' with a rad scarf.
    Way 2 go, hon! Can't wait to see more projects!!

    ReplyDelete