Friday, March 5, 2010

project: triple threat birthday shirts

While at girls nite a week back, we were at Three Floyds Brew Pub discussing the plans for Mary and Kayla's birthday bash. Somehow, amongst the details of the evening, I was assigned the task of making the birthday girls shirts to wear for the party.

Damn.

Well, since their birthday is March 3rd, I decided to use that number on their shirts (that number also being the theme of the birthday bash). The original idea was to just print a picture of the ladies onto heat transfer paper, but none of us have a printer that is working that great right now. That and Mary doesn't like to wear white shirts. It's always something.

So plan b:

Using plain jersey shirts, and some leftover jersey cotton fabric, I cut the number 3 out of it. I zig zagged stitched it on (PAIN) and then went back to embroider some color around it. Mary's shirt is the one shown. I also embroidered the letters "M" and "K" on the breast pocket of each (appropriate) shirt.

I am still thinking about adding some little colored buttons or glitter or sequins or something else to them. Although, I really don't know where these shirts will end up after the party, so I don't know how much more time I want to put into them...

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy on how they turned out! That and I get bragging rights at the party. More pictures to come!


playlist: triple threat birthday shirts

"blue flower/blue flame" - destroyer
"hang them all" - tapes n' tapes
"star of wonder/none shall pass" - tor/sufjan stevens
"walls" - shout out louds
"tell me now so i know" - holly golightly
"lady luck" - richard swift
"walking on a dream" - empire of the sun
"reservoir park" - the dutchess and the duke
"good girl/carrots" - panda bear

No comments:

Post a Comment