Sunday, March 7, 2010

project: smarch lady sweater


First, a recap from last nite's triple threat birthday party. Mary and Kayla loved their shirts! At the last minute, I decided to use some silver glitter puff paint to outline the 3 on the back, as well as their monograms on the front. It definitely added the bling I was looking for. I also went through my button stash and found 3 small, colored buttons to place at the top of the 3 on the back (look close- you can see them on the back of Kayla's top!). The shirts received many compliments, and my name was dropped like it was hot...wait...it is hot. Check.




So onto my current project: the Smarch Lady Sweater! The pattern is the February Lady Sweater by Flint Knits.

I named the sweater "Smarch" as a Simpson's reference. Bonus points if you know the episode!

I started the sweater a week ago, only having to rip out 4 rows twice (so...much...math...). I am at the lace repeat from here on down, and so far it is turning out absolutely lovely!

I am using Berroco's Vintage Wool purchased at Loopy Yarns in Chicago. Hands down one of my favorite yarn stores in Chicago, and when my sister gave me a gift certificate from there for my birthday, I decided to treat myself to yarn for a "big" project for myself! Woohoo!

The yarn is a turquoise colorway, and an acrylic/wool/nylon blend. I am hoping to finish this sweater this month, so I can wear it before it gets too warm out! That was a big decision maker when searching for the yarn- a fiber content that was not too heavy for spring. So far, I am very happy with my choice. I think it will look great with some bright yellow or pink tops underneath it!


playlist: smarch lady sweater (lace repeat)

"candy in the kitchen" - blair
"from africa to malaga" - jj
"electric renaissance" - belle and sebastian
"i've got you and you've got me" - new buffalo (broken social scene)
"2006" - hello saferide
"you must be out of your mind" - the magnetic fields
"location" - freelance whales
"let the cool goddess rust away" - clap your hands say yeah
"life magazine" - cold cave
"evil" - interpol
"colouring of pigeons" - the knife

I'm wondering how many playlists will need to be made in order to finish this sweater...

I also listened to episode #204 of This American Life this morning, titled "81 Words." A really great episode; it was on last week's podcast in case you missed it!

Now- back to a gull lace repeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment