Wednesday, March 16, 2011

project: sunflower dress

You guys aren't going to believe this, but the fabric used for this dress, was purchased at Joann's.

Right?!

Way!

And, it was 30% off!

I know!!

I went to go pick up some notions to work one some of my other projects, and when I saw this fabric (which is also 100% cotton), I actually said, "Whoa!" out loud.

It definitely was the highlight of my Sunday, until the cashier forgot to put the white thread (that I needed to sew up the dress with) into my bag. The project was then delayed until Monday evening.

This dress was pretty simple. I used the same shift dress pattern that my Spring Bird dress was made from. The only adjustment made was putting fish eye darts under the bust on the front pieces. The dress is also fully lined (with a cotton/polyester blend so the fabrics wouldn't stick) with an invisible zipper down center back.

front view



back view

I added a narrow belt to the dress to cinch in the waist a bit. I wasn't sure if I liked the shift/trapeze look with this print and weight of fabric. I'm giving myself some options with this one.


I was also super excited about this print, because I am waiting for the arrival of my Spring wedges, and I know they are going to complete the look!

Where is the warm weather?!

1 comment:

  1. wait, did you only make one of those? because I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete