Monday, March 7, 2011

project: holly hobby shift dress

I knocked off another Anthropologie dress! I am super excited about this one; it has to be one of the most comfortable dresses ever. I'm definitely still in my moo-moo phase from last summer, where I like the extra room to move around in. Makes for a more comfortable wardrobe on those hot, humid summer days.

That same day that I visited the Needle Shop for the Spring Bird Dress fabric, I came across this beautiful, light weight sateen cotton. It has the tiniest of white polka dots and drapes perfect for this dress pattern.


front view


side view


I found the yoke fabric at a local Joann's; it's an embroidered cotton that has a pattern that compliments the polka dots perfectly. The lining I used for this dress is a cotton/poly blend, and almost a sheer weight.

back view

The dress has no closures (which is fantastic), pockets (of course), and ties in the back (to give a little shape). I'm a little concerned I made the length too short, but hopefully by the time I can actually wear it, I will have my bike legs back and won't be as concerned!

close up of yoke


playlist: holly hobby shift dress

1. "the last temptation of adam" - josh ritter
2. "sunrise/sunset" - the dutchess and the duke
3. "digging a hole" - the chapin sisters
4. "sadie" - joanna newsom
5. "thrown right at me" - the tallest man on earth
6. "all i want" - joni mitchell
7. "mama, you've been on my mind" - bob dylan
8. "leave me here" - hem
9. "jackson" - lucinda williams

2 comments: