Monday, March 21, 2011

project: party in the hamptons dress

I need to make friends with a sailor for this dress.

And purchase a big hat with Jackie O inspired sunglasses.



This is another Anthropologie inspired dress, but from Spring 2010. I clipped a picture of the dress from the catalog last season, and taped it into my artist book. It was an easy knock-off that will be super comfy for those warm summer days.


The top print was purchased in LA at International House of Silk and Woolens, and the swiss dot bottom was purchased at Joann's. The dress has no closure (it's a pullover), a self-faced top, and a lined skirt (I used a cotton/poly blend).



At the last minute I decided to add some navy blue cording to the seam line across the bust. It definitely helped separate the bodice from the skirt, where as before the bodice was getting lost in the skirt.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my navy Cole Haan's complete the look!

1 comment:

  1. The poppy flower print is '60s-gorgeous! I could get lost in that field of flowers!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete