Thursday, May 27, 2010

project: adam's pants

Is this really the last week of May, and only the 3rd post I've made for the entire month? Ugh. Clearly I've lost all track of time for my projects this month. Let's shoot for a better craft month in June.

I finally made it to the Rhythm Method's show this past Monday, only to be greeted with open arms and another pair of razor crotch pants. Hard to believe, but this was the third pair of razor crotch pants I have fixed this year, total of 4 so far in my life. Clearly, the word is getting out that I can help you with your razor crotch needs.

So Adam from the Rhythm Method gave me his favorite jeans to repair. I have to say, this is the worst case of razor crotch I have been called onto repair thus far. Like, yarns have disappeard. There were three holes all leading to one another. And on top of that, one belt loop was half way off cause the yarns were worn away (HOW??). But I said I would fix this, and am always up for a good challenge!

The before picture of Adam's pants


And so, since so many yarns were missing, I really had no choice but to have the patchwork denim show through. Sigh. I tried my best on the large hole in the front, but that was a tough one. I should have probably cut away the excess white yarns, but I think they will eventually wear off in time.

I'm hoping that the repair is acceptable for Adam, as it was quite a challenge. I guess I should now start marketing myself by saying, "will repair razor crotch pants for beer."

On another note, this Friday is another Windy City Soul Club...and I didn't finish my dress. Next month? I have, however, started a research sketchbook that will hopefully get me on Project Runway Season 9. Come on- we all know that the show is in need of a quirky, red headed vegetarian that can't keep her mouth shut to save her life...right??


playlist: adam's pants

"walking with a ghost" - tegan and sara
"let's go surfing" - the drums
"despicable dogs" - small black
"sunrise/sunset" - the dutchess & the duke
"the way i feel inside" - the zombies
"title and registration" - death cab for cutie
"no sleep" - sam roberts
"digging a hole" - the chapin sisters

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaaa I would loooove to see you on PR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Finally! Life without your playlist is like people not clapping for Tinkerbell.
    I have some razor jeans and will be home in September.....

    ReplyDelete