Saturday, September 18, 2010

project: tiffany's vancouver hat

A few weeks ago, my wonderful friend Tiffany sent me a care package. Inside the package was beautiful hand made bamboo stationary, a 7 year pen, and yarn. Damn, does this girl know the way to my heart or what?

The yarn just so happened to be purchased on the trip her and I took to Vancouver about a year ago for an accordion fest (have I mentioned how much I love this girl?). While we were breaking from all of the fantastic accordion parties, we stumbled upon a yarn store. Of course, I had to go in. I purchased some great yarn for myself, and Tiffany purchased some yarn in hopes to make something for herself as well. Tiffany knew a few stitches, but I promised I would help her.

Then I moved away.

So she sent me the yarn saying that I would make better use of it than she was. There was only one thing I could do with it: make a nice knit cap for her!

(picture without the flash on)


I think I sent the tag with the hat to her, so I believe the yarn is a Berroco yarn named Jasper. I also used some of my leftover black yarn from Mike's Dashing mitts for some additional texture (and to be completely honest, I wasn't sure if there was enough yarn in the skein for an entire hat).


It turned out beautiful! The yarn is super soft and just the right colors for fall. I can't wait to get some pictures of Tiff wearing it (nudge nudge)!


The picture to the right does have the flash on...I'm a big fan of this one.



playlist: tiffany's vancouver hat

"bulletproof" - la roux (nacey remix)
"cameras" - matt & kim
"fireworks" - animal collective
"some kinda love" - velvet underground
"sprawl II (mountains beyond mountains)" - arcade fire
"the rat" - the walkmen
"dog days are over" - florence and the machine
"slow motion" - panda bear

2 comments: