Saturday, September 25, 2010

project: r+j opening nite dress

Back in April, I blogged about a dress that I was working on for a Windy City Soul Club event. I called the dress, "WCSC dress" and well, the fit was a mess and I wasn't in an alteration kind of mood, so it was left hanging (literally).

Revisiting this dress 5 months later, I now am calling this dress my R+J opening nite dress! Any excuse to get it done, right? The dress I patterned myself, and the polka dot is a metallic silk that I backed with muslin for extra stability. The bottom is a rich ivory bridal satin, including pockets! Yes, pockets.

I started the alterations on Monday, was refit on Tuesday, only to take the entire dress apart for more alterations to get done by the opening nite party Wednesday nite. It wasn't the best sewing job ever, but man, did I look good.


This is the only picture that was taken of the full dress, my only bummer is that the shoes didn't make it into the picture as well (imagine: gold BCBG strappy stilettos. yes). The picture is being taken with Juliet herself = stunning!

The party was fabulous and the champagne kicked my ass, but that was to be expected. I'll try to nab some more pictures of the dress when I wear it to a wedding next month. By the way, where the hell did this month go?


And here is how the night ended.


I'm a little bit behind on my playlists, so please be patient.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah.... the Sarah I miss and love... Looking fab as usual, and getting hit on as usual ;) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' hot, sister! Dress turned out amazing- that shade of brown really suits you.

    ReplyDelete