Saturday, August 21, 2010

project: stephanie's birthday socks


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHANIE!

Well, it only two two weeks after the fact, but I finally finished Stephanie's birthday gift! I must have sent her three packages full of little birthday gifts before she got the big one: a pair of hand knit socks! And, of course, I used my favorite ankle sock pattern and Lorna's Laces yarn to create them.

This yarn was purchased at Nina's in Chicago, and the colorway is South Shore. I knit the socks in about two weeks, and I must admit, was some of the best drinking-while-knitting that I've ever done!


Haha, look at Karma's butt!

This playlist was created in honor of Stephanie's birthday actually being in the heat of the summer, and that summer is quickly coming to a close. The more songs with the word 'summer' in it the better! And I had so many in my itunes, another summer word playlist is soon to come...

playlist: stephanie's birthday socks

"everyone has a summer" - lovage
"wait for the summer" - yeasayer
"66 sleepers to summer" - hope of the states
"jogging gorgeous summer" - islands
"summer on the westhill" - kings of convenience
"indian summer" - pedro the lion
"summer skin" - death cab for cutie
"in the summertime" - the rural alberta advantage
"sweet summer's night on hammer hill" - jens lekman

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SOX, BABE! Perfect for nippy late summer days here in Seattle!!!
    Glad to hear they were fueled by Bud, Sweat, and Beers! (tee-hee)
    Love the summer playlist, too!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PEDRO THE LION! (Gods, you are so cool)

    ReplyDelete