Saturday, August 14, 2010

project: shauna's baby socks

Oh, hey. Yeah, I still blog every now and again...

This past weekend I got very ambitious and decided to knit another pair of baby socks. The Costume Shop Manager, Shauna, at Chicago Shakespeare is leaving in a week to focus on the baby boy that will be coming out of her very soon! With this in mind, a baby shower was put together at the last minute to celebrate! Key words here: last minute.

So instead of buying something, I went to the Knitting Workshop (now located in Bucktown) to get some Cascade Fixation yarn in a boy-ish color way. This happened at noon on Sunday, the shower being held at 4pm Monday. Damn.
Had I decided not to go to North Halsted Market Days, I could have gotten the socks done in one afternoon. But there is just something about many gay men wearing very little that leaves nothing to the imagination that really gets me going...

I finished the socks around 3:30pm on Monday. Just in time for the shower. And they were a success!

So tiny and cute! Just like the little boy that is on his way!

In other news, in case you haven't heard, I was doored on my bike ride home from work last Thursday. If you don't know what that means, look it up on urban dictionary. Very painful, but thankfully nothing was broken. But in honor of getting doored, and still being in shock that it happened, I made a small playlist. This is it:

playlist: shauna's baby socks/getting doored

"the shining" - badly drawn boy
"polar opposites" - modest mouse
"someone great" - lcd soundsystem
"fluorescent half dome" - dirty projectors
"benton harbor blues" - the fiery furnaces
"summer in the city" - regina spektor
"i don't want to see you" - camera obscura
"let me know" - the yeah yeah yeahs

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got doored :( Missing you, missing baby sock... Missing knitting goods, wondering how things are...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete